Sunday, September 28, 2008

Re-Animator

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Who's going to believe a talking head? Get a job in a sideshow."
I simply got interested in seeing this film, I'm a fan of "Zombie" films, so I decided I'd give this a shot after reading all the praise for the film. It was decent enough.


  • Title: Re-Animator
  • Year of Release: 1985
  • Director: Stuart Gordon
  • Genre: Comedy/Horror/Sci-Fi
  • Rating: 6.5/10

This is a film adaption of a tale by H.P. Lovecraft, in which a Medical student called Hupert West knows the way to "re-animate" the dead (bring them back to life).

Well, for those who aren't sure whether this is quite suitable to watch with your parents or little siblings, trust me, it isn't. It's filled with quite a lot of fun brainless (pun intended :D) gore and there is also a fair bit of nudity, now you sickos who have already grabbed their car keys to grab the film just because it has nudity, let me tell you, it's not beautiful, a lot of it is surrounded by either a headless dude or it's a whole lot of Zombie nudity. Yes, put your keys away, and continue reading. There is quite a lot of blood and guts in the film so I guess this goes without saying, but what the hey! Squeamish people, I don't think you should watch this. It's not particularly realistic violence or anything even to the level of violence in the mindless dribble flick Hostel, but still, there is a fair bit of violence.

This isn't one of those films where your puzzled by the explanations they give for how they managed to overcome the impossible and how great they are and whatnot, I can't recall any scientific explanation, simply "Well I got this thing right, what it does is re-animate people, k?", so don't go expecting some intelligent film, this isn't the one your looking for. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this film is stupid, because it isn't, if you are interested in seeing this film, and have seen any footage or read anything about it, you should know what to expect, and it's rather obvious from footage whether it's a film you can or can't watch.

It certainly doesn't take itself seriously, some may view this as a comedy, something I guess down the lines like Evil Dead II, I personally didn't find it too funny, it had it's moments, but I wouldn't consider this a comedy, but then again after watching the film it does have that sort of feel to it, but I guess thats simply because it's not a dead serious film (pun intended, again, :D).

This was about how good I expected it to be, I had hoped though it would be better, but it was still enjoyable, it wasn't a magnificent film nor was it a bad one. It was worth the hour and a half because it was still quite enjoyable. There isn't much else in my opinion to say about the film, if you simply watch the trailer you get the gist of what to expect from the film. I'd recommend it to people who did like Evil Dead II and does enjoy horror films that aren't particularly scary but more just a have-fun and enjoy sort of horror.

Click me to view the trailer!

0 comments:


Blogspot Template by Isnaini Dot Com Powered by Blogger and Local Jobs